Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 13, 2008

Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can't retire his experience. He must use it. Experience achieves more with less energy and time.

Older than dirt, that is how I like to describe myself. Being old is a wonderful thing, you slow down and have the ability to think things through, that is if you could think in the first place. I no longer have the desire to rush things to completion, I take my time and plan, it is amazing how many mistakes I don’t make anymore.

When I look back at my youth, I see that person that never got anything more than a 9 to 5 job, no matter how realistic the plan was I couldn’t get it to work. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I see all the mistakes I made, and how I made them, so this time I will not make them, or at least minimize them.

i fully expect to have my failures, but they won’t devastate me, or even spoil my mood. I can see problems coming, and I am prepared for them, and if I fall on my face, well that is ok too. Because I will bounce back, nothing can stop me. My age is what keeps me focused and balanced; no set back is to great.

So if you are of an age that is older than dirt, welcome to the club, and for those of you that are still young, I hope you never let life become too much. Because in the long run we are what we need to be, I hope you get everything you need in life.

No comments: